Would you mind if we followed your travels? I'm a Spanish teacher from Hershey, PA, and my classes are reading a novel about a girl from Panajachel. We're looking for background information about the area including Lago Atitlan and the volcanoes as well. Thanks! You have terrific pictures & commentary! Mtra. Nesbitt
I'm really glad you enjoy reading my blog. I'm actually originally from Mechanicsburg, PA-- right near you. I'll try to dig up some more info for you guys about Lago Atitlan, its really a fascinating place. Enjoy reading!
Hi, I'm a student from Mtra. Nesbitt's class and I was wondering if at Lago de Atitilan when you didn't use the Highway and used boat if that you used like a canoe or a Launcha. Also, do you think that the Highwaymen will catch on that people are going by boat to avoid them? ~Memo 7Rojo
Miguel-- Lago Atitlan is an amazing place. The author Aldous Huxley even called it "the most beautiful lake in the world" If you ever get a chance to visit Guatemala I highly recommend it.
Kyle-- We used a Launcha-type boat, it had a motor. It would have taken hours to get across the lake in a canoe-- its huge! The fishermen do use small wooden canoes though. The highwaymen might catch on to the boat thing but I don't think they can really do anything about it out on the waters or at the docks, there are a lot of people around.
Would you mind if we followed your travels? I'm a Spanish teacher from Hershey, PA, and my classes are reading a novel about a girl from Panajachel. We're looking for background information about the area including Lago Atitlan and the volcanoes as well. Thanks! You have terrific pictures & commentary! Mtra. Nesbitt
ReplyDeleteI'm really glad you enjoy reading my blog. I'm actually originally from Mechanicsburg, PA-- right near you. I'll try to dig up some more info for you guys about Lago Atitlan, its really a fascinating place. Enjoy reading!
ReplyDeleteAlthough I have never been to Lago Atitlan, I think that Lago Atitlan has some great cultures and is an amazing place to see.
ReplyDeleteFrom,
Miguel D.
Hi, I'm a student from Mtra. Nesbitt's class and I was wondering if at Lago de Atitilan when you didn't use the Highway and used boat if that you used like a canoe or a Launcha. Also, do you think that the Highwaymen will catch on that people are going by boat to avoid them?
ReplyDelete~Memo 7Rojo
Miguel-- Lago Atitlan is an amazing place. The author Aldous Huxley even called it "the most beautiful lake in the world" If you ever get a chance to visit Guatemala I highly recommend it.
ReplyDeleteKyle-- We used a Launcha-type boat, it had a motor. It would have taken hours to get across the lake in a canoe-- its huge! The fishermen do use small wooden canoes though. The highwaymen might catch on to the boat thing but I don't think they can really do anything about it out on the waters or at the docks, there are a lot of people around.
Noel
Thanks!
ReplyDelete